Thursday, January 22, 2009

SILENCE.....

So this is me working at my summer job, 2008. My friends decided that I talked to much and needed to have ducktape over my mouth for the rest of the day, which was only from 3:30 - 6. And I couldn't text. What A brillant Idea for us to do. As I'm sitting there coloring with ducktape over my mouth a parent walks in and starts to crack up, asking if I lost a bet. Everyone replys "NO" she just talks too much. The parent sighed and walked away with her son. HOW EMBARASSING! To know that even a Parent may even think that is just heart wretching.

RIGHT.........

Not even close. Truth was, my friends didn't want me to talk because they wanted to see If they could get control over the kids. All 12 of them from the ages of 2-3. The 2 year old's were my kids but we had to combine that day. WOW! Not one of them could keep any of the kids silent. And even me with the Ducktape over my mouth coloring barney pages, the kids all wanted to be with me. Remarkable.

Why am I jotting this down?
Because this kind of reminds me of Jesus when he says, "Let the children come to me".
I love kids.
and dwelling on this, makes me miss my summer/full time job at the YMCA.
but I need to move on.
I need to grow.
I need to experience things more.
I need JESUS!
more now
more tomorrow
more forever.

2 comments:

Jason Fitch said...

great thoughts and great pic!

Charity said...

I didn't know you had such a passion for kids. Hmmm...