Wednesday, January 21, 2009

It's time to dance

Every little girl dreams of that special day. Their wedding. They dream about what they'll wear and who they want to marry, and be a princess for a day. Wearing a white long dress with a beautiful vail and beautiful white high heeled shoes, with the flower girls throwing rose pedals on the ground in front of her. Little girls draem this at what, 6? maybe a little older.

ZOOM in on my life.
All through my kid years and most of my teen years I never dreamed about my future husband, nor ever worried about him. Guys' weren't attractive to me, and I mostly dreamed of who's butt I was going to kick that day in dodgeball. While most girls mooned over the islander goalies son Benjamin Vanbiesbrouck, and said that they were huge fans of his father, meanwhile here I am rolling my eyes because they could'nt name a single islander hockey player. SPICE GIRLS. That's what they called themselves, and they even sang the stupid songs. Here I am, wearing shorts and sneakers, getting all sweaty and dirty from playing kickball and beasting it out attempting to climb trees. I never thought about any of my guy friends becoming a potential boyfriend, although some did like me, They knew they had no chance.

So time goes by and I move to another town called Bay Shore (aka where i live now) and was like OH I CAN STILL DRESS LIKE A GUY AND BE MYSELF. DUDE! i got ripped to shreds my first day of middle school. That day my mom and I went shopping. I still didn't think about marriage til junior year. Now i'm 18 and dreaming of my marriage, but the more I think about it, The more I get desperate.

I don't want to settle, and I don't want to be desperate.
So, I really asked God to remove any feelings I may form to any guy so I don't get caught up in the world while I'm in masters.

So Leah J is getting married and all I keep thinking is, the only thing I want to see is her and paul dancing their first dance as husband and wife.

I can't wait to dance my first dance with Jesus.
It's time for me to dance, but with my Jesus, my husband, my true love.

1 comment:

Jason Fitch said...

Great perspective! I found my wife when I was not even looking - funny how that works.